The positioner ensures a predetermined assignment of the valve position to the input signal. It compares the input signal received from a control system to the travel or rotational angle of the control valve and issues a corresponding output signal pressure.
- Simple attachment to all common linear and rotary actuators with interface for SAMSON direct attachment, NAMUR rib, valves with rod-type yokes according to IEC 60534-6-1 or to rotary actuators according to VDI/ VDE 3845.
- Any desired mounting position of the positioner.
- Simple single-knob, menu-driven operation
- LCD easy to read in any mounted position due to selectable reading direction.
- Configurable with a PC over the SSP interface using the TROVIS-VIEW software.
- Variable, automatic start-up with four different initialization modes.
- Preset parameters – only values deviating from the standard need to be adjusted.
- Calibrated travel sensor without gears susceptible to wear.
- Sub initialization mode (substitution) allows the positioner to be started up in case of emergency whilst the plant is running without the valve moving through the whole travel range.
- Permanent storage of all parameters in EEPROM (protect- ed against power failure).
- Two-wire system with small electrical load between 300 and 350 Ω depending on version.
- Adjustable output pressure limitation.
- Tight-closing function.
- Continuous monitoring of zero point .
- Integrated temperature sensor and operating hours counter.
- Two standard programmable position alarms.
- Self-diagnostics; alarms as condensed state conforming to NAMUR Recommendation NE 107, issued over a fault alarm contact or optional analog position transmitter .
- Integrated EXPERTplus diagnostics (u T 8389 EN) suitable for throttling and on/off valves and with additional partial stroke test for valves in safety-instrumented systems.